How the Humble Sheet Cake Became Top Tier (NYT T Magazine)
Hawai‘i's Nostalgia is Key to Rebuilding Lahaina (The Atlantic)
Aloha to Aloha Stadium (Hana Hou)
Some of Hawai‘i's Oldest Japanese Buddhist Temples (Preservation)
The Wall Street Journal
Hawaii's Treasured Time Warp Hotels
Food and Wine
Earl Kawa‘a defines "Hawaiian" as anyone born and raised in Hawai‘i.
- Bananas don't grow on trees. The plant is actually a giant herb.
- Ed Kenney says, "Fuck, I don't think we made a difference."
- Why McDonald's Hawaii has the only fried apple pies in the country: "It's not so simple you can do fried pies again."
- Kunoa’s cattle are really a means to an end, like Sun Yet-sen's brother's more than a century ago.
- Hawaii sells. But for his first restaurant in Tokyo, Andrew Le is resisting Hawaii-fication.
Everything Guides to: