The Wall Street Journal
Food and Wine
Earl Kawa‘a defines "Hawaiian" as anyone born and raised in Hawai‘i.
- Bananas don't grow on trees. The plant is actually a giant herb.
- Ed Kenney says, "Fuck, I don't think we made a difference."
- Why McDonald's Hawai‘i has the only fried apple pies in the country: "It's not so simple you can do fried pies again."
- Kunoa’s cattle are really a means to an end, like Sun Yet-sen's brother's more than a century ago.
- If I had a signature plant, it might be Love Lies Bleeding.
- "Wherever you live is your country, but never forget where you’re born." Restaurants by the Islamic community in O‘ahu, serving Uzbek to Italian cuisines.
- Hawai‘i sells. But for his first restaurant in Tokyo, Andrew Le is resisting Hawaii-fication.
Everything Guides to: