The Wall Street Journal
Lanai, the Most Impeccable Island Getaway in the U.S.?
Reading and Retreating: My Brilliant Friend
Reading and Retreating: Anne of Green Gables
Reading and Retreating: The Joy Luck Club
Travel Books for the Food Obsessed
An Insider's Guide to Maui
An Eating Tour of Taipei
Three Perfect Days in Kauai
Will the Pandemic Fix Hawaii?
The Best Gas Station Food is in Hawai‘i
16 Best Oahu Bakeries (aka 16 places you're most likely to find me)
38 Best Honolulu Restaurants
Where's the Beef?
Eater Guide to Hawaii
A Traditional Hawaiian Imu
Food and Wine
Sheldon Simeon: From a Hawaii Point of View
Hawai‘i Gifts and How to Support Hawai‘i from Afar
A Local's Guide to Honolulu
The Guerrilla Gardener
Squash and Awe
When bees swarm or make their home in your home, who do you call?
Maui's secret and wonderful public pools
Earl Kawa‘a defines "Hawaiian" as anyone born and raised in Hawai‘i.
Fly Fishing on Maui: All About the Bonies
Hawaii's Biggest Kitchen
Maui Nui Venison
Ko Hana Rum: Amber Waves of Cane
Mac Nut Makeover
- Plantations shaped Hawaii politically, culturally and geographically. How will the next hundred years be shaped?
- Bananas don't grow on trees. The plant is actually a giant herb.
- Ed Kenney says, "Fuck, I don't think we made a difference."
- Why McDonald's Hawaii has the only fried apple pies in the country: "It's not so simple you can do fried pies again."
- Kunoa’s cattle are really a means to an end, like Sun Yet-sen's brother's more than a century ago.
- If I had a signature plant, it might be Love Lies Bleeding.
- "Wherever you live is your country, but never forget where you’re born." Restaurants by the Islamic community in O‘ahu, serving Uzbek to Italian cuisines.
- Hawaii sells. But for his first restaurant in Tokyo, Andrew Le is resisting Hawaii-fication.
- Introvert's guide to dining in Honolulu
- The Folks You Meet at Zippy's
Everything Guides to:
Japanese Food in Honolulu
Ahi in Hawaii
How a Kalihi Noodle Factory Fueled America's Ramen Boom
On Twin Loss: Sharing a Soul
Paddling the Molokai Channel
I Don't Wish You Were Here