San Francisco's Best Cioppino (WSJ)
Hunting Axis Deer on Lāna‘i (Hana Hou)
Maui's secret and wonderful public pools (Hana Hou)
Hawai‘i's New General Store: 7-Eleven (Honolulu Magazine)
The Wall Street Journal
Hawaii's Treasured Time Warp Hotels
Reading and Retreating: My Brilliant Friend
Reading and Retreating: Anne of Green Gables
Reading and Retreating: The Joy Luck Club
The Best Gas Station Food is in Hawai‘i
Food and Wine
Sheldon Simeon: From a Hawaii Point of View
Earl Kawa‘a defines "Hawaiian" as anyone born and raised in Hawai‘i.
- The Folks You Meet at Zippy's
- Bananas don't grow on trees. The plant is actually a giant herb.
- Ed Kenney says, "Fuck, I don't think we made a difference."
- Why McDonald's Hawaii has the only fried apple pies in the country: "It's not so simple you can do fried pies again."
- Kunoa’s cattle are really a means to an end, like Sun Yet-sen's brother's more than a century ago.
- Hawaii sells. But for his first restaurant in Tokyo, Andrew Le is resisting Hawaii-fication.
- Introvert's guide to dining in Honolulu
Everything Guides to:
How a Kalihi Noodle Factory Fueled America's Ramen Boom